The Tailor, A fairy tale, Abridged

The Tailor

By my belt you read, I killed seven in a blow
(Though the one thing you don’t know
Is what by my hand dies
Are only flies)
But still I killed seven in a blow.

The King let me in on a whim
Because I promised to him
The giants will be dead-
I’ll bring you a head
Though you brought me in on a whim.

I found them, and soon brought the hulking beasts
To the point of derailing their grievances
Though not through words
But only blows
So they died, those hulking beasts.

The King was amazed, but told me of a unicorn
Who had ravaged the forests by horn
So I sawed off the horn,
And brought the unicorn-
Quite docile to the King, right up to the throne.

Than once more we agreed, and the next day at four,
I, unharmed, brought back a great boar.
And the princess was mine
The King had us married
At last, the next day at four.

copyright 2019

Comments

Popular Posts